Sunday, July 27, 2008

july 24th spanish fork run!!

I did It!! I ran my first 10k. Amber ,Heather (girl from salon) and I all ran the Speedy Spaniard run. It started at the little acorn park up Spanish fork canyon. If you have ever been there you know that you have to go down a hill to get to the park. So needless to say the first 2 minutes of the race was up hill I thought I was going to die. I just knew I wasn't going to make it. But I had to at least finish. Well I finished 91 over all out of 319, and 18th out of my age group out of 57. So not bad. I did beat my goal (hurray for me!) My time was 53:30 not bad huh!! So now I guess i just have to run a half marathon but that won't be for a while. Sorry there are no pictures of me at 5:30 in the morning looking happy as can be. But that early wasn't thinking about my camera. Amber took some so I am waiting for them( hint hint)All and All it was fun now that is it over.

2 comments:

Us said...

Congrats on your time!!! You are invited to run with Colby on the 31st of August if you feel up to another 10k....you're just so good at it you should keep it up!!

Trent and Amy said...

you are as crazy as Carol. I wish that I had that sort of energy! It takes me that long to go one mile. You stinking skinny girls!