Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 4th, Gram's Visit

Me and the boys headed to Roosevelt for the 4th. Lane had to work all weekend. We got there Friday just in time for the chicken dinner that they have. They also have a kids rodeo and a kids animal chase. Some of the cousins were doing it so I signed Ryder up for the bunny chase. I really didn't think he would do it. Grandpa took him out in the arena. They said go and all the kids ran. Ryder ran for a bunny and touched it but it got away so the tears started. He ran back crying. we tried to tell him to try again but he was just to upset. Well in the mean time my dad was crouched down next to the fence trying to talk to ryder, and a bunny came hopping over and stayed under my dads bum to hide from all the crazy kids. So my dad picked it up and gave it to Ryder this is the picture of it. So now we have a stinking bunny. We called lane and told him he said "no way are you bringing that home" So my sister Staci got stuck with it. Sorry. But her kids loved it. We told Ryder he can just go visit his bunny when we are out there. My kind of pet!! All and all he had a good time.


The next morning my dad ran the half marathon. I did the 5k. It is one of my favorites. It is a slit down hill so you get a good time. And it is fun to run down next to the fields. So after I was done I waited for my dad to come. Mom and Gram had my kids so they wouldn't make it. But I was so proud of my dad he totally beat his goal time. Of course when he does things he always does it to the fullest. Anyway it had been fun to have something to do together. Next I will try the 1/2.


So manly pushing his stroller.

Neola Parade
I think this year we have been to many parades. I have way to much taffy. I didn' smarten up and leave ryders candy from both parades for grandma's candy jar in Roosevelt.






Gram came to visit for a few weeks. It is kinda a crazy time. Everyone wants to spend time with her but life still goes on. So I didn't get to see her as much as I wanted. It never seems long enough no matter how long she stays. But we loved having her here. And can't wait till next year.






Steel water Dam.


Sunday we took a drive top upper steel water. The water was crazy. It was a long drive for kids but I am glad we made it. I asked my dad when we left if a quarter tank would make it he said yeah. So all the way up I watched the gauge go down. And when we got there I was past empty. I was worried. On the way back I think it was before we hit mountain home the gas light came on. Ok I knew I had like 30 miles left so I was hoping Altamont was close enough. But thank goodness we coasted into altamont and filled up then I could relax I should have known better oh well.









Vernal parade





Grandpa and the boys at the vernal parade. He was a trooper to let Jax eat his Popsicle on his lap.






Grandpa got the train out. He even had it decked out with flags and had all the kids hold one. The kids love riding the train. It is funny when it comes out all the kids in the neighborhood come out to ride it.

No comments: