Sunday, March 15, 2009

calling nurse Jenny!!

So this week was eventful for our family. I was in Roosevelt on Tuesday night when I got this call from lane saying he just got home from the ER. He was playing in a alumni tournament at the high school when he snapped his akelli tendon. I don't know how to spell it and it is not in the spell check. He said he would go to the doctor in the morning to find out it he need surgery.So for me it was a long night. I felt so bad I wasn't there the only time he needed me. He went to the doctor called and said he was having surgery at 5. So I loaded up the car and headed out. I was planning on staying a few days but o well. I got home just in time for his brothers to give him a blessing then we headed to the hospital.



This is the brave patient. He said he was mainly nervous about the IV. He hasn't been in to much pain thanks to the pain meds. He is just frustrated that he can't so anything. He especially hates that I have to drive him around. I don't think I am a bad driver but he does.



This is to show what the next six months will look like for us. He goes in on Wednesday to get his cast. It is weird he never saw the doctor the day of the surgery. I asked him how they did it. Like did they have his leg in the air or rolled him over? He has no idea so we will find out on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Trent and Amy said...

that stinks...My Mom did that and she said it hurt so bad! Sorry guys!

Amy said...

Hey Jenny! How are things going for you ? I am glad I came accross your blog...very cute!