Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New shingles


The men at work. Lane and his dad and Grandpa Carlton started ripping the shingles off on Thursday night. It as quit a job. Messy. Lane hated the yard to get all messy. They hired someone else to lay the shingles for them, thank goodness. But it only took them a half of a day on Saturday to get it done. It looks good. Lots of nails in the grass. It was a long process. I had to watch Ryder and keep him in side most of the time which is hard. He likes to be outside with lane and helping. We would go out once in awhile to see how it was going. Friday we were getting ready for nap time. Well Ryder has to tell daddy goodnight. So we went out and he yelled up to dad goodnight. Came in laid down, of course it was noisy on the roof. Next thing I hear it Ryder yelling "Be quiet I am sleeping, daddy stop it I need to sleep!" It was funny.


Ryder is such a good helper. We finally came out of the house to see daddy on the roof. And Ryder helped by throwing shingles into the trailer. It was a dirty job but kept him busy. So now that the roof is done we had someone come and trim some tree's. SO yes more mess in the yard. But I think we are getting there. Things are shaping up around here. It feels more and more like home now.

No comments: